Video is a super powerful tool used by most marketers today. From increasing brand awareness to driving sales, video can be used to achieve any of your marketing goals. But what exactly makes the impact of video marketing so high?
- High Engagement: Videos are visually appealing and can convey complex information in an easily digestible format. They grab viewers’ attention and keep them engaged for longer periods, making it easier to convey your message.
- Improved SEO: Search engines love video content. By incorporating video into your website and social media channels, you can boost your search engine rankings and increase organic traffic.
- Versatile Content: Videos come in various formats, including explainer videos, product demonstrations, webinars, and more. This versatility allows you to tailor your content to meet specific marketing objectives.
Let’s delve into the ways video can help you achieve your marketing goals, with examples from our video portfolio. Note that some of these video types will work for more than one marketing objective, win-win 🙂
1. Drive Website Traffic
If your marketing objective is to increase website traffic, video is an excellent tool. Here are some ways that video can help.
By using paid adverts on various platforms you can generate traffic to your website. These are typically short-form adverts (e.g. 5-30 sec) on platforms like Youtube and social channels. These can be targeted (and re-targeted) to your audience based on your criteria.
Social media videos
Video content performs exceptionally well on social media platforms. Using video to engage with your audience can increase likes, shares, comments, and eventually website traffic.
Content marketing videos
“How-to” is a very popular keyword! You can drive visits to your website by creating content marketing videos that answer the most pressing questions your audience has.
2. Increase Brand Awareness
One of the primary objectives of marketing is to increase brand visibility and recognition. Here are a few examples of what types of videos can help you achieve these results:
Brand story videos
Super creative videos that tell your company’s story and highlight your unique value proposition. They are a great way to introduce your company to new audiences and build brand recognition.
Customer story videos
Increase brand awareness by showing your customer’s journey. These authentic narratives can inspire trust and resonate with potential buyers. The video below tell’s the story of Cortnie, and used the actual voice of Cortnie to add an emotional element to the video.
We all know that conferences and exhibitions are crowded. A great way to stand out from the crowd and create awareness for your brand, is to create a video to showcase your offering. Below is an example, but you can view more conference videos ideas here.
3. Increase Website Conversion
Video can be a powerful tool to aid website conversion. It removes barriers to purchasing by getting your benefits across, removing complexity, building trust and credibility, and more! Here are some examples of how to use video to improve CRO:
Ultimately, product videos showcase your products or services in action! Educating your potential customers on how to use your product, thereby creating interest and leads.
Answer the why and how questions that are stopping website visitors from converting.
4. Convert Leads into Sales
The ultimate objective… sales! Video can help aid in the conversion from lead to customer, and here are a few ways you can use it:
Case study videos
Case study videos show how you have helped other customers achieve their goals. They are a great way to demonstrate your expertise and build trust with potential customers.
Similarly to the above, testimonial videos show how happy your customers were with your product or service.
One way to get a lead to move further down the sales video, and ultimately converting into a sale, is by providing them with a complete demo of your product.
Convert your lead into a customer, by showing them some valuable stats and numbers!
5. Improve Website Rank
Here’s an objective that most, if not all, marketers strive to achieve. The elusive page 1 on Google’s rankings! Having valuable video content on various pages on your website can increase your rank, website dwell time as well as website conversion. Here are just some examples:
Homepage explainer video
Below is an example of a company explainer video, to be used on the homepage of your website. Be sure to add transcriptions to your video, to help improve accessibility and help search engines understand the content.
Conduct interviews with industry experts or thought leaders. This can help you tap into their authority and expertise, potentially boosting your video’s visibility in search results.
6. Elevate Your Brand Identity
Elevate your brand head and shoulders above the rest by creating super-premium content. You can also reuse your video’s creative assets to create gifs for your website or for sales collateral.
High-end 3D videos
There is just something quite special about 3D animation, that will leave your viewers remembering you and your video for quite some time!
Cel animation, or frame by frame animation, is a type of animation used to make “flow-y” types of movement (to put it not-so-technically). This method of animation allows you to create a natural, fluid look in your video.
Combination of 3D and cel animation
Striking, and impactful! Combining 3D animation with cel animation is a surefire way of elevating your brand above the rest.
7. Enhance Email Marketing Campaigns
Video in email marketing can lead to higher open rates and click-through rates. Including video thumbnails or GIFs in your email campaigns can entice recipients to engage with your content. In fairness, any type of video already mentioned on this list and below can be used for email marketing. But below is an idea on how to improve promotions:
If you’re running a promotion and need to get the word out there, a great way to grab the attention of your mailing list audience is to include a video about your offer:
8. Expand Your Reach
Your audience is in different locations, using different devices. You can use video to reach each and every one of them. Here’s how:
Desktop and mobile view video
Below is an explainer video that was created for desktop view, and repurposed to work for mobile as well. This allows you to reach your audience no matter what device they are using.
Translating your videos are very effective if you have a global audience. Here’s an example of a product video that was created in English and translated into French Canadian:
Tips for using Video to Reach Your Goals
So, you’re ready to start smashing your goals using the above types of videos. But before you jump right in, consider these last tips:
- Define your marketing objectives. Do you want to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales? It’s only once you know your objectives, that you can create a video that is tailored to achieve them.
- Know your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your video? What are their needs and interests? Tailor your video content to appeal to your target audience.
- Create high-quality videos. Your videos should be well-produced and engaging. Using an all-inclusive explainer video company (like Piehole.TV, hint-hint) who does the work for you, can take away all of your stress.
- Promote your videos. Once you have your video, people need to see it! Share your videos on social media channels, your website, and in your email marketing campaigns.
- Track your results. Without metrics, how will you know which campaigns are working? Use analytics tools to track metrics such as views, engagement, and click-through rates.
Alright… that’s it from us! If you need help to get some videos in order to reach your various marketing objectives, get in touch. We would love to help you out. Need more video examples? Visit our YouTube page filled with more marketing videos!